The Toolkit “From Youth Centres to Intercultural Centres” aims to theoretically and practically orient youth workers in the evolution in the sense of interculture of youth activities, in particular to facilitate the transition of Youth Centres into Intercultural Centres. The intercultural centres are designed for the empowerment of young people, who live in increasingly multicultural contexts, and they are intended to increase levels of social inclusion in the local communities of the European Union.
Download other language versions
Chapter 1: Culture and Interculture
- What is Culture?
- What is Education?
- Intercultural education
- The vision of intercultural education
- The role and dimensions of intercultural education
- Intercultural education and education today
- From Compensatory Pedagogy to Intercultural Pedagogy in Europe
- Intercultural education in Italy
- Intercultural education in Portugal
- Intercultural education in Slovenia
- UNESCO Guidelines on intercultural education
- Principle I.
- Principle II.
- Principle III.
Chapter 2: Methods
- Interculture in Erasmus+
- What is an Intercultural center – Prerequisites
- How to read and use the Toolkit
Chapter 3: Learning
Chapter 3: Exchange
Chapter 3: Active partecipation
Chapter 3: Box of inspiration